COVID 19 POLICIES
OUR POLICIES FOR COVID-19 SAFETY WHILE SHOOTING ASSIGNMENTS
In the COVID-19 environment, our utmost concern is the safety of our clients, subjects, and our crew. During the many years of working in the industrial environment, we have conformed to the safety rules, standards, and practices of our clients. Now, safety rules and procedures must be applied to all shoots in order to protect the health of all involved and to stop the spread of the virus. Using CDC and OSHA published guidelines, as well as current state restrictions, we are employing these procedures for the working environments.
SAFETY PROCEDURES FOR ALL SHOOTS
- When the crew, subjects, and clients assemble, we will have a brief meeting to explain how the work will be done safely on set and to field any questions. In the industrial world this is often called a Job Safety Analysis. When all present acknowledge their roles and duties, we will proceed with the work.
- We will provide PPE and sanitizing products for all to use. Any specific PPE items important to the shoot will be discussed in pre-production.
- Social distancing will be practiced by all involved (minimum six feet).
- Photo equipment will be sanitized before, during (when possible) and after the shoot. Time must be factored in for cleaning in between sets or moving to another shoot area on location.
- All items necessary for the shoot will be passed as infrequently as possible.
- Crew will be minimized. Others present should be minimized as well as limiting their leaving and coming back to the set.
- Technology that allows remote viewing of the captures will be offered so as to keep social distancing intact.
- Image reviews and editing will be done off-site whenever possible.
- Hair & Makeup Stylists – If a MAMU stylist is required for the job, we will screen them to make sure they are in compliance with our Safety Policies, ensure that they have proper PPE, and that they use single-use applicators and products.
- The common symptoms of COVID-19 are cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell. Upon arrival, all crew will be required to attest that they do not have these symptoms or have not had them within the last 14 days. Also, crew will confirm that they, as well as all household members, have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 30 days, have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 30 days, and have not traveled internationally or to a city or area labeled as “hot spot” in the last 30 days.
SAFETY PROCEDURES SPECIFIC TO LOCATION SHOOTS
- Locations will be scouted and prepped before the shoot to minimize time and people on the set.
- Carpooling will be discouraged. Crew shall arrive at locations in their own vehicles.
SAFETY PROCEDURES SPECIFIC TO STUDIO SHOOTS
- Furniture will be moved and the floors mopped with a disinfectant solution before a shoot.
- The common meeting table and chairs will be wiped down at the end of each day.
- The bathroom and makeup areas will be aggressively sanitized.
- Door handles for the entrance door and bathroom doors will be sanitized before and after the shoot.
- Trash will be removed daily and the receptacles wiped down with sanitizer.
We realize that the COVID-19 situation is fluid, and we will adapt and modify these procedures to the latest guidance from government authorities and respected medical sources.